Thursday, December 19, 2013

Plaid Friday

I am not a Black Friday shopper but I was intrigued with the concept of "Plaid Friday", that is, shopping downtown in small local businesses. Larry took the boys hunting, and I had the pleasure of taking these young ladies downtown to browse.
The merchants were showing hospitality by offering free refreshments to patrons and even goody bags for the kids in this toy store.
It was sooo nice to be able to take our time and really look at all the beautiful things in the shops.
There was a whole display of Fairies that were the theme for MH's Birthday party a few years back.

The decorations were so beautiful and this pumpkin amongst the red berries hit the perfect note of the day after Thanksgiving leading into the Advent season.
MH really came alive when we visited the shoe store! Apparently she loves shoes. That is something you do or you don't. I don't!
We captured a picture of the employees wearing plaid vests to emphasize the Plaid Friday theme in front of this massive Moose that has been here for over twenty-five years.
Touching the Big Apple was a treat and MH said that she could now check it off her Bucket List!
These gals posed like nutcrackers before we went into the visit this gorgeous store. We bought only one thing the whole day- a specific gift that I could only purchase downtown. As we browsed, I reflected on why I had never taken my older girls to do something like this. The answer is because I had so many other kids to take care off and this is not a large group activity. I always come back to the fact that Birth Order is God Given. There are some things that the older kids got that the younger ones never will, although I can't think of any!!! This activity is something that our small group of ladies could enjoy in peace .It is very much the kind of thing that I would have loved to do more often but couldn't due to family responsibilities which are lessening as the kids get older.
We returned home for hot chocolate and big slices of leftover pumpkin pie!