Monday, July 5, 2010

Front Yard Fireworks

Tim and Kristy surprised us by bringing over some powerful fireworks the other night.The quality was amazing in the booming sounds, colorful patterns and the height of the displays.There were some multi-colored smoke bombs and a "train" and "tank"  that fired on the ground.

The ATV made a great set of bleachers and the headlights helped a lot while the fuses were lit.
I must say that I was a bit of a scardy cat about the whole thing. Since I read about a five year old girl loosing her eye from fireworks, I have not enjoyed them since.The rest of the family did though, and these and the neighbor's are the only fireworks that the kids saw this year.
I kept the younger ones back with me until the big, spectacular shooters were finished and then we all came close to watch the smoke bombs.My fun ratio definitely increased when I thought to grab a camera! What I really enjoyed was the clean up which took all of ten minutes because we all worked together. We really appreciate that Tim and Kristy thought to share their 4th with us and treat us to a nighttime spectacle in the yard!