Sunday, March 20, 2011

Of Mud and Men

These happy guys are giving the thumbs up sign after a great day of riding ATV's  in the mud!!!!Need I say more? Why not....!!!
 As the mud covered quads came in on the trailer, Jon got on for some vicarious fun! That means, he wished he could have gone with them! He soon will because they just picked up another one to share!
These are the results of their adventures, all of which were removed before coming into the house.
Heavy rains were predicted for our area so I set everything up for a good rinsing. Why did I do it instead of leaving it for them? Because I can't help myself! Doing someone else's work is always more fun than doing my own!
These actually don't look too bad in comparison but I still didn't want caked mud in the washer.
The torrential rainstorm  missed us and only about an inch fell. It didn't do the job...
Larry set up a custom clothesline for this operation and sprayed off each piece a number of times. Seeing the mud and how much all the guys are enjoying these ATV's,  I was reminded of a quote by one of America's greatest and most-loved heroes, George Washington.  He once wrote " Let Thy pleasures be manly, not sinful."
 Riding ATV's in the mud is manly. So is cleaning up the mess that it creates!