Friday, December 25, 2009

A Blog of my Own



I received a camera for Christmas which I wanted in the hopes of being able to record and share my thoughts, hopes and experiences in the Blog world. After trying out at least 12 titles for a blog and finding them all taken, I wondered if there was any need for me to continue as it seemed that anything I could add is already being said! I also worry that I might inflame my most glaring fault which is Pride by posting anything. My world is rather small as it stands right now and that works well for me. I do truly mean it when I say however, that other blogs inspire me- the honesty and gratitude that I see in sharing about living an active family life. We are not called to hide our light under a bushel basket but to be a city on a hill-giving Him all the Glory.



  Here are two pictures from my new camera taken on Christmas Eve. The plates of treats are for our neighbors.Santa has already arrived. Every year I say "This is going to be a very modest Christmas. We all  have everything we need. There is no need to overdo." This statement tends to be the kiss of death for all thoughts of a "small" Christmas! By God's Grace, there was an abundance of everything - food, family, fun, and plenty of useful ,thoughtful gifts exchanged with love that we will all enjoy in the coming year warmed by the memories of another Merry Christmas.