Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cool Guys



 These guys were out in the woods and found this cute little pot in the dirt. They are pretty sure it is from Ancient Greece! They came over to show it to me near our well where we were expecting servicemen to arrive.
They looked so tough that they reminded me of a song from a You Tube video " Cool Guys don't look at explosions... They blow things up and they walk away..."

I loved seeing them in their hunting vests and took their picture near our overturned wishing well.They didn't blow it up, though they did help me to ease it over. Our water pressure has been reduced for over two weeks and I finally decided to make a call to get an expert opinion.
The bad news is that our well is drying up. These gentlemen were able to install a new pump and sink it deeper for now. It is not deep enough to last in the drought that we have been experiencing. They recommend that we get the paperwork prepared to get a deeper well drilled as soon as we need it.
In the meantime we are trying to conserve water and to pace ourselves in its usage. In other words, I should not start the laundry immediately after the morning showers are taken.This is something new for this City Slicker. I will start to pray for rain in earnest!