Sunday, November 20, 2011

Love Pink


 After a very long and difficult labor and delivery, we welcomed our newest family member into the world. It was by God's Grace and her own rock solid determination to deliver her own baby, that my daughter was able to give birth to an almost 10 pound baby. The labor went on for days and nights at home and walking around town and Walmart. She knew that the secret is to stay out of the hospital for as long as you can. I was able to share this exciting time with this couple in person often but also through the medium of texting! As my mother says, " You only get to have your first baby, once." After that, you've got an older child to tend to as well. I took care of my grandson  while his mother labored and recovered in the hospital. But I was able to share in the experience closely because we texted back and forth through out.
 This mother was determined to avoid an Unecessary C-section  which seems to be the preferred method of some busy providers who don't realize or don't care what the act of delivery means to a woman. THANK GOD for NECESSARY sections that save the lives of mothers and babies who would in previous times have died. However, her doctor ( in this whole circumstance) was not kind, not professional, not encouraging and was actually taunting her through the night because this mother didn't give up early in the proceedings so the doctor could get a good night's sleep. Prayer Warriors were called in ( Mom and Grandma Dolly) and every Saint in Heaven that has a relationship with this family. Laugh if you want to but when there is no one else to call and desperation hits I am grateful beyond belief for the intercession of the following saints who were begged for their prayers to help conduct this baby safely into the world : Mary, who gave birth to our Lord Jesus, Elizabeth ( of the Visitation and of Hungary), Margaret of Scotland, Francis, Maximilian, Gregory,Louise, Jane De Chantal, Edward, John the Baptist, the Evangelist , Vianney and The Beloved, Anne, also both Theresas, Padre Pio, Benedict and Bonaventure, Edmund, Maria Goretti, Catherine, Cecilia, Peter and Paul,Thomas, Daniel, Augustine, Gerard of Majella, Margaret Mary, Vincent, Michael , Blessed John Paul II many others. I was up most of the night praying and apparently gritting my teeth! After I received a text saying " we have a baby" I took a few moments to thank each of the Saints by name that I had been calling on to pray, meanwhile giving All the Glory to God. A day or two after the birth, I saw an article entitled " Number the Saints Among Your Friends" by Elizabeth Foss which I didn't read because I didn't want to be influenced by it before I shared my own experience here.There IS a Communion of Saints and we can ask for their prayers. I do believe in miracles. I've seen a lot of them.
 After waiting for 9 months, the gender was revealed to all of us and this big fine baby girl got to meet her family. 





                                                                         Jon's Mom.




God our Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Who is The Giver of All Life, Thank you for this beautiful baby. Please protect all babies in the womb and help them to grow well and be delivered safely.  In your great mercy, help all couples who are struggling to become parents with the gift of life, if it be Thy Holy Will. Amen.