Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tree Toppers


This is my Son-in-Law attempting to trim the top of a broken tree in the yard. I'm glad that I didn't know about this as it was happening because both he and this broken limb are ridiculously high up.This tree must have been damaged by wind or lightning and it couldn't stay like this in the front yard.

Within a week or two of the first picture, these tree toppers came into the yard to trim around the power lines.
I gathered up my nerve and asked them if they had time to remove the dead branches from this broken tree while they were at it.They agreed and moved their equipment in closer.A cherry-picker bucket made this job about a thousand times safer than the "one-handed hold with a saw" that was previously attempted.
The kids and I enjoyed watching and were so grateful for their help.
This gentleman did a terrific job. There were two limbs involved and he got them both.
The whole crew took a break while he moved the bucket in and out, cutting the dead branches into small pieces that he dropped to the ground.
They finished by chipping up the refuse. I was only able to tip these guys enough for the bucket man to take his family out to lunch and the crew members to take themselves out. I wished it had been more, but that was all I had at the time.
This is the finished product. The tree looks great! No one got hurt, we didn't have to cut the tree down because it was unsightly and this professional job was done for a very small cost. I have been frequently praying for all the intentions of these generous men who did me a favor only because they were asked. I am hopeful that praying for them all will be far more valuable than any tip could ever be.