Monday, September 19, 2011

Politics and Economics at the Lemonade Stand

 Juby decided to sell pink lemonade and she used Sam's wheelbarrow, a gift to him from Grandma Dolly, as a Stand.
She had all she needed, a cool "lemon" pitcher, a tray of ice and a princess bag to put the money in.The cups fit nicely into the handle of the yard cart.
The boys helped out for safety reasons and also because this was where the lemonade was!
They got a few customers from the neighborhood.
 Minus a pair of roller skates, Juby car-hopped here to serve these thirsty girls  their order  "To Go".
 I imagine this cold drink hit the spot after horseback riding in the heat of the afternoon.
Right about here the trouble started... I don't know what it was about- maybe " rent" for the use of the wheelbarrow or something equally important.
She packed it all up. I love how the chair fits into the cart!
Back at the house, the disagreement continued about the disbursement of the funds. Finally, I snatched all the money, about a dollar and seventy five cents, threatening to put it into the Poor Box if they couldn't work it out. Loud crying and gnashing of teeth ensued. That's when Tori made the observation about Lemonade Stand Economics which is the name of an accounting course for high school students.

This led to a long and drawn out meditation upon life, and the reality behind the pictures and blogging in general. I thought long and hard about Humility and Pride and the idea of living a quiet life behind the scenes versus the public life of an on-line presence.
A friend of mine said that the best thing about a blog is that it is a way to "use the pictures" that are fun to take of family life. I totally agree. For so many years I didn't take pictures, claiming that I was too busy living life to record it. I have just a little more time than that now, although not lately!
My mission is to celebrate family life because EACH family is God's masterpiece ( Bl. John Paul II ), and to show how trying to live our great Catholic faith makes life richer and more meaningful for me.