Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Sunday Walk in the Woods

The weather was warm and we decided to make a plan to better enjoy Sunday afternoon. I didn't want to let the day pass without doing something special as a family to celebrate the Lord's Day in a more intentional way. It was becoming too easy to just sit inside but nicer weather made that seem like a missed opportunity! Barbequed hotdogs started us off.
It's always fun to have a nice lunch and cooking on the grill made it an occasion as it was our first cook-out of the year.
Tim had already eaten and so, through the window, we watched him work!
This industrious fellow power washed three ATV's from the previous day's wild mountain adventure.
After lunch, most of us were up for a walk in the woods!
From the pictures I can see that it must have been chillier than I remembered. At the time it seemed warmer than it had been previously.
Sam was trying to reach into a creek with his foot and he spontaneously grabbed John's hand to hold onto. In this picture their clasped hands are behind the tree. I am so glad that I was there to see it.
Professional photographer I'm not but this mother's heart was joyful to have witnessed this moment between brothers.

Jeff, Sam and John RAN up the steep hill! For me, it was a bear! There is an alternative path around it that I will be taking in the future!
This view made it all worth while.
Getting some exercise outside and being together to enjoy it made for a wonderful Sunday afternoon!