Thursday, March 8, 2012

In the Company of Cousins

 Although this bunch looks very relaxed or even tired in this picture, I am pretty sure that all the kids really enjoyed spending more than 24 hours with some of their cousins from 3 families on a recent week-end.
 Here, the kids were playing  a wholesome card game called " Drug Dealer" in the late afternoon!
 I wanted to have some fun and devoted my weekend to cooking for this large group of kids. I didn't want to intrude by taking a lot of pictures so I only pulled my camera out this one time. They also spent time playing board games, running around the yard, roller blading, and riding 4 wheelers. By God's Grace, we had a safe time.
 In the evening, we all watched a movie together, "Tron" which was very good. The boys set up a tent indoors to camp out in and the ladies slept in the guest room.
I had plenty of groceries on hand for this hungry bunch and enjoyed every minute of serving meals and snacks to them. Our 15 passenger  "Party Wagon" came in handy to transport our crowd to Mass on Sunday morning.
 It was such a pleasure to entertain so much family. There were 25 people here on Saturday when the kids were being dropped off for the weekend and it almost seemed like a holiday.  Many thanks to all the adults who hung out with us and to all the kids who played so well together. Let's do it again sometime!