Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Christmas Carol

We treated ourselves to a fantastic performance of  "A Christmas Carol" performed by a Troupe of homeschooled students and a few of their parents.  This free show was EXCELLENT!  It was so professionally done with great costumes and props. The  music and singing were first rate. It really followed the script of the many versions of the movie which of course comes straight out of the novel by Charles Dickens.
I was so appreciative of Larry for being up for this outing! Because he wanted to come with us, I was able to invite our friends and some cousins to join us. He and I loved the show and it was so sweet and poignant that it made each of us cry! This is the kind of thing that I want to be doing to prepare for Christmas. Treating ourselves and the children to a classic piece of culture is exactly my idea of fun and then being so pleasantly surprised by the quality of the show was delightful! We each had a wonderful time.