Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Friday Cousin Time

After some shopping at the Thrift Store, I now have a new sweater vest and coordinating shirt to wear for Thanksgiving festivities;). You will all see this outfit again! At the end of the day, some of the cousins were able to spend the night which turned out to be a blast and something that I truly enjoyed.
Larry went hunting and so, after having prepared for Thanksgiving, I took the day "off" to do what I wanted to do! That consisted of spending real quality time with nine kids! We hung out at our house and enjoyed a sit-down lunch of wonderful Thanksgiving leftovers.
You can be sure that we prayed for a safe journey as we then set out on a 50 mile drive to bring some of our cousins home. We had a wonderful time there and enjoyed seeing Matthew's tree house.
Wow! Look at all this firewood ready for the winter! I was very impressed with this family's hard work.
After an afternoon outdoors, everyone had a snack and we left to take our other cousins home. At their house, we spent the evening visiting and discussing the Black Friday deals that some of the shoppers had scored! It really felt like a holiday to me and it was a pleasure to go visiting and to spend intentional time with my family members!
Thank You, Lord, for the safe trip as I drove so many members of three families a long distance. Amen.