Friday, July 22, 2011

Peach Cobbler

 I brought my peaches with us on our visit to see our extended family, but there were quite a few that didn't get eaten. That surprised me because they were soooo juicy and good!
Because they were "overripe" when I bought them, it was time to make a cobbler.
I have a recipe for "Lazy Man's Cobbler" and we used that. It is made up of Ones.
1 cup flour                                   
1 cup sugar
1 teas. baking soda                       
1 stick of margarine ( or butter)           
1 cup of milk                                 
1 can of fruit             
                                 Melt the butter in the bottom of a 13x9 pan.                   
                                 Mix the dry ingredients all together in a bowl
                                 Then add the milk, stir, and pour into the pan over top of the melted butter
                                 Do Not Stir again.
                                 Dollop the fruit out on top of the batter
                                 Bake at 350 for 45 min to an hour

I doubled this recipe and added some extra flour.
Here's what it looked like before it was baked. The fruit is sitting on top of the unstirred batter ( all the melted butter is still at the bottom of the pan).
I cooked it on a cookie sheet because these peaches were so juicy that I didn't want a clean-up later. it took every bit of an hour, probably longer. This cobbler is very delicious, if you like that sort of thing, especially with ice cream (or milk) on top! I wish the kids liked this stuff as much as I do!