Saturday, October 6, 2012

Helping Grandma Dolly

Juby and I like to visit Grandma Dolly at least every other week to see how she is and to enjoy her very pleasant company. Her niece now gets her groceries but I am still in charge of her medicines and Doctor visits. On this occasion, Miss J. had the privilege of cutting all of grandma's pills in half using a little plastic slicer.
I didn't mind at all that Grandma Dolly took a call while we were there! She has two sisters and a few nieces that she is very close to. They all keep in touch with each other by phone.
You can imagine how much fun this is for a kid to get to cut up all these pills exactly in half!
 We try to bring in a little something for Dolly when we visit because she only goes out to church. On this day, we brought her orchard apples, homegrown tomatoes and bacon and cheddar biscuits we picked up at a new bakery in town. Dolly is a real Country Girl and garden produce makes her very happy. She is very cheerful and enjoys stellar health for her age which she doesn't discuss because she is a lady.

It has been eight years now that we have been blessed by helping Grandma Dolly on almost a weekly basis. She is very fun to be with and is always grateful for any help she receives. She is a Prayer Warrior and prays for us which is worth more than a million dollars and I'm not kidding!  I am glad that helping her out and visiting her can be a part of our homeschool. That is a little insurance for me that my kids will probably remember my needs if  I am a homebound senior someday.