Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fresh Fruit Flavored Water

This pomegranate was given to me by my future daughter-in-law (yaaaay!). She has figured me out in that I like to pretend to be elegant! She saw that the day before, I had set up one of my new Christmas gifts, a glass jug with a spigot on a stand, (Thanks Meg and Jon!), used for serving cold drinks like lemonade, iced tea and fruit flavored water. The first day I used it, I had it filled with 5 or 6 cut up clementine oranges that were loosing their looks but not their flavor.
Chelsea told me how to cut the pomegranate up to release the pellets filled with juice.
These were squeezed and dropped into the jug where they stayed at the bottom. The white pulp surrounding the pellets that managed to get into the water floated to the top and was easily removed with a small sieve. I added ice and waited for my customers to come try some!
Despite the rich red color of the juicy water (that red being a real stainer for clothes) no one in the family would touch it! Or, if they did take a sip, they didn't finish their cupful! Nevermind- I will try to drink the whole gallon like I did the orange water. I think it tastes fine (it isn't sweet, it is just a little flavor added to regular cold water). I will have to be elegant all by myself! haha!

I'm busted:  Notice the careful staging above! In the third picture I have my old "Twisted Peppermint" hand soap container refilled from a bulk container from the discount department store. In the fourth picture, I have placed my brand new container of "Winter Candy Apple" handsoap, (Thanks Cindi and Greg!) that I will thoroughly enjoy until it is all gone and then refill it also, elegantly of course!