Saturday, September 7, 2013

Shiny Sink

This is what my Corian Sinks looked like AFTER I cleaned them. Not very nice, with all the coffee stains, etc. Fortuitously, the gentleman who sold us our kitchen counters and installed these sinks is a good friend of ours and he came to visit Larry while he was recuperating. He asked me how I cleaned them, and I proceeded to tell him that I used nothing but a soft sponge and dish soap for fear of scratching the surface.
Bob told me that I should use a product with bleach and a Scotch Brite non-scratch pad which is blue. I looked forward to picking one up.
Larry and I both worked on the sinks and a significant difference was achieved. They aren't perfect because they have been getting stained for years from pouring my left-over coffee from the pot down the sink. They are MUCH better though, and now we know what to do. I am thankful that Bob came over to visit and gave us this expert cleaning tip.