Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Cookie Decorating

The most exciting thing that I did throughout the Christmas season was to decorate cookies at Holly's house at the lovely party she gave for that purpose.
She invited all the children and their moms and dads to her house the Sunday before Christmas.
She had hand decorated aprons,
delicious refreshments,

and 30 DOZEN prebaked sugar cookies awaiting us.
She mixed up bowls full of confectioners sugar with meringue,
to which bright dyes were added and then placed into decorating bags.
Every kind of Holiday sprinkle was available and set out in double containers, one for each decorating station.

We donned festive aprons and chef hats and got to work decorating as many cookies as we could.

Everyone had such a pleasant and relaxing time! I have never seen anything like this party before. Holly said that she had purchased almost thirty pounds of butter for her holiday baking. This whole experience put me right into the Christmas Spirit, like nothing else had!
I so appreciated Holly's generosity in giving to me the three dozen cookies I decorated to take to a very special dinner I was attending immediately after the party. They were such thick sugar cookies and the sweet frosting made them so tasty- a true meal in themselves. I made many meals of them throughout the next week! Thank you, Holly, for such a delightful time!