Monday, February 13, 2012

Calligraphy Class

I recently treated myself  by signing up for a calligraphy class. It was taught a gentleman named Lance Pearce who said he has been learning, practicing and writing calligraphy for 40 years.
He had many examples of his writings laid out for the class to see. He copies famous quotations in notebooks and says he saves everything he does.

This was a popular topic with twenty attendees each in his morning and afternoon classes. Each student used these extra large desk blotter size sheets of lined paper to practice their letters. he gave out handouts of different alphabet styles in both upper and lower case letters. We also received two felt tip calligraphy pens with slanted tips. The pen tip should be positioned at a one o' clock angle. It wasn't too hard to learn the idea and the goal is to keep trying to improve. 
I am so glad that I took this class which only cost 12 dollars and two hours of my time.


I spent some time copying some Bible verses at the table while the kids did their schoolwork. I would like to keep improving at this fun way to write. You never know when this skill might come in handy!