Saturday, February 4, 2012

Doll Salon

 I hope that I don't sound materialistic as I highlight some of the fun Christmas gifts that the kids received and have had so much fun with this year! Juby told me later that she had an idea what might be in this long box on Christmas morning...
 A real American Girl Doll with gorgeous blonde curls!
As my niece says, its not as much fun to own just one doll, because then they have no one to talk to! Luckily, Miss J already owned a Target brand doll, but her hair had gotten wildly shaggy! 
I was very proud when she thought to shampoo, condition and set the hair on sponge  rollers!
This was fun to watch and I wondered if it would make a difference.
 The burning woodstove put off a lot of heat and made for a great hairdryer.
This old doll had to keep up with her brand new friend with Goldilock's tresses.
The next morning, when the curlers came out, her old doll looked much better with hair more manageable and full of body. The two dolls look nice together and she is having fun playing with both of them.