Friday, April 26, 2013

Clean Carpet

For years Larry has wanted me to call any outfit that could clean our carpet. I have resisted because I've heard that once you get your carpet cleaned, it can no longer resist stains at all and it gets even dirtier.
Finally there was nothing left to protect and I called a local business who offered to do it for a very reasonable price. One gentleman and I worked to move the couches after I had already cleared out the tables, lamps and all the books :)!
Voila! The stains which were legion are gone!!! Amazing!!! I feel like a nutjob for not getting this done sooner. We all love how well this turned out. To boot, when I asked him about loosing stain protection after cleaning, he suggested that we have Scotchguard put down on it. This was also very reasonable, so he did it.
The boys took their after school break in the comfort of lounge furniture conveniently located in the kitchen!
We will try not to eat or drink in the living room ( except for coffee!) but in the future will not hesitate to call to get our carpet cleaned and looking great if needed  again.