Thursday, July 18, 2013

Afghan Princess

Although my wonderful late Mother-in Law, Sally, will always be the Afghan Queen of our family, I am attempting to follow her example! I did show this baby blanket before but this was the first gift afghan I made in February, for my friend Audrey, due this week.
This one was for Lindsay and her little daughter expected momentarily!

Please Lord Jesus, be with both of these ladies, due on the same weekend, as they bring their children into the world.
Trying something new ( adding multiple colors inside the piece), this one was for Precious.
This striped one was made for the G-man and just finished recently. We expect him to be tall and he is already four and a half, so this one is larger, spread out over a full sized couch.
I can certainly see what my MIL enjoyed about crocheting! She liked to challenge herself and used complicated patterns and intricate stitches. I am sticking to the basics for now, and enjoy this simple activity in the evening hours when my work for the day is finished. I like going to the yarn store to pick out colors and types of yarn, but buy for only one project at a time and finish each one before getting into the next. I am working on my next afghan at this time, for a certain baby boy expected in a few months!