Thursday, July 18, 2013

In Sickness...

Larry and I were both quite sick at the same time for a couple of weeks and experienced a paradigm shift as we saw each other as "sickly" It was very much like shades of what is to come as we age together ( Please God!). We were both on the same medicine, a "Z Pack", usually a terrific antibiotic but which did nothing for the respiratory viruses, manifested differently in both our cases. I remember us looking at each other like: "How are we going to get our stuff done, feeling this badly?"

The non-stop Violent coughing was the worst symptom for me, (which actually caused my rib to break!), a thousand times in each 24 hours and Sam had the very same thing. It was like a terrible Flu. In addition to his respiratory symptoms, Larry's knee(s),(arthritis and bone on bone) were severely painful making each step he took, agony. We were coming to the reality that we are ageing! What a shock. I used to be 19!!!!

We are both much better from the illnesses which took every bit of three-four weeks to shake. Larry will soon be having surgery to repair his knee and I hope and pray that it will be total success like his last one.

I found out why folks who are sick like to talk about it and realize that although it may be interesting to the ones experiencing it,... not so much to the folks who are listening to it!!!!!