Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Cross Country Runner

What a thrill it has been to cheer John on in his first season of Cross Country.
Cross Country is not only an individual, but also a team sport. He has enjoyed the practices held outside in the gorgeous fall weather. The kids got to run all around town day after day, enjoying the weather , the architecture and each others' company.
We have enjoyed the Meets. John has done well. I think I can vouch for all parents- it is a blast to cheer your child on!
Squad!

I have a friend who says " If you want self-esteem, do esteem-able things." Developing his natural talent by the hard work of running long distances has been good for this young man.
The last meet and Championship had John and his teammates taking the first five places. That gave them a perfect score. His team had depth! So did their Girl's Team which also won first place.
I am grateful to the Coach, who made it fun for them. I look forward to more running events in the future.