Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Elegance's Afghan

I finished Elegance's Afghan yesterday. It is big enough for a child to take a nap on their bed. I like the blackberry, grey and white colors. This blanket took me a little over two months to crochet.
Unfortunately, my hobby is starting to take toll on my right wrist! Such a Bummer!!!!
I don't know if it is a tendon or carpal tunnel but I have had to take some relief measures which really do help. The little glove applies pressure in the right area. That was sold in the crochet section. The internet has many suggestions for dealing with this so I am thinking that this happens top a lot of folks. It is the repetitive motion that causes the problem with pain.
I also made my crochet hook ergonomic by rolling foam over the handle and attaching it with duct tape. That makes it so the fingers don't have to grip such a small instrument..
I have two more Afghans to go for little ladies born into our extended family.
The yarn is already purchased for Amiable's and can't wait to start, but plan to take a break to give my wrist a healing rest.