Monday, November 24, 2014

Book Fair

I had a wonderful time perusing through some of my favorite things, Books, while volunteering at the school Book Fair.
This was very pleasant work. The kids came in and looked at everything the first few days and the volunteers helped them to write down the titles of certain ones they were interested in.
Parents and kids were able to make purchases in preparation for Christmas presents. I learned how to scan an item and process a debit card. I also bought a gift for two of my nieces! You probably know who you are!
Along the same line, my job for the year is to help the teacher put together the Scholastic Book Club paperwork to hand out to the students. There are some good deals on these paperback books. A parent has to be choosy though. Not all of these titles are worth reading. It has been my pleasure to do this volunteer work because I love books so much :)