Monday, November 24, 2014

Mystery Tackle Box

Gentleman is enrolled in a special program where he receives a package in the mail every month! His Dad set this up as a treat for him.
Assorted fishing tackle come in the box- miscellaneous lures and bobbers and such. There are quite a few items in each box. This little guy likes to fish and has been fishing many times!
Meg voiced concern about the cost and was wondering if it was worth it.
I assured her that it was Worth. Every. Penny.
This smart Dad is fostering a hobby that they can enjoy together for a lifetime!

I remember two gifts that my father gave me in particular. One was a little plastic fake make-up kit when I was about four years old and just about to go in for surgery. The other was a pair of hiking boots for Christmas that I wore every winter for almost twenty years. My father would go out on Christmas Eve to purchase one gift for each of us from him.  My mother has given me many gifts and although my father provided for every one of those gifts, I don't remember them in the same way. In my own family, I selfishly buy almost all of the gifts given. I think that this tradition would be worth beginning because  there is something special about the gifts chosen by a Dad which I had completely forgotten about!