Thursday, February 12, 2015

Being Present






This is the living room on a typical day of my wonderful life. The kids are playing a made up game called "Baby Island", which they later called "Nursery", and then "Orphanage". 

Here they are baking a cake.
Sisters hang out while the baby plays on the floor.
Shouldn't I be getting something accomplished? Like cleaning off the top of my desk and filing away hundreds of pieces of paper? I ask myself this question ...

and keep coming back to the same answer. No!
Enjoying people and building relationships is what  life is all about.
I am blessed to be a part of my children and grandchildren's lives.
It is a gift that they want to spend time with us, just like we have always enjoyed being with my parents and brothers and sisters!
Housekeeping will just have to wait...
Let's put the kettle on!