Friday, February 27, 2015

Sugar Cookies

I volunteered to send in a couple of large rolls of sugar cookies for Juby's class, . They were making a fruit "pizza" made from a cookie crust. Luckily, I confirmed the details with her teacher the day before they were due. Instead of a roll from the super market, my cookies needed to be baked and each one very large! The children would then decorate their own personal cookie with a cream cheese base and top with little pieces of fresh fruit.
 I found a recipe on-line for "cookie exchange worthy" sugar cookies. I baked very late into the evening using a roller pin and a drinking glass for a shape cutter. The recipe, doubled, made about 5 dozen delicious cookies.  This recipe was probably very close to the one that Holly used for her cookie party at Christmas time. I found out that these cookies are fun to bake and not as difficult as I have always imagined. Now, I have a nice recipe and some experience and may be able to finally use all of the wonderful cookie cutters I own for various holidays.