Friday, January 1, 2010

It's Worse Than I Thought.

           My husband has been wanting to see Sherlock Holmes and we had 20 bucks in cash so he and I went.We were subjected to at least 15 minutes of previews that were shocking and disturbing. The movie  that  followed was more of the same.I only see about one movie per year in the theaters and hardly ever watch them at home.I much prefer to read and tend to be easily offended by movies.What  completely freaked me out tonight was the absolute demonic and occultist components  that were present  through out the Holmes movie and in at least two of the previews for upcoming movies due out in February and March. I  know that the entertainment industry does not share my values but I really had NO idea that this Satanic Junk is being glamorized in the mainstream in vivid technicolor to this extent.                                                                       I feel terrified that  this stuff isn't even subtle anymore.I was taught that you don't even come near the edges of this evil much less watch it, bigger and louder than life.Why didn't I get up and leave? I almost did and should have after the first preview. I feel kind of violated. I also feel like a fool for thinking that Hollywood has anything to offer me anymore.I was nuts to walk in there trusting that we could have a pleasant evening. I was hoping to see some pretty sights of  England and be intrigued by the plot. The acting and costumes were great.The plot was creepy.                                                                                                    The previews promise more trash in the future.I really worry about our young people who are being served a steady diet of visual trash and who don't have the tools to discern  the Spiritual Warfare that is being waged for their hearts and minds and souls.My husband's take on the movie was that it was "stupid" and he fell asleep a couple of times.The kids accuse me of reading too deeply into things, like  commercials but I really don't think so. It's a lot worse than I thought.