Monday, January 4, 2010

A Short Winter's Nap

          During my early pregnancies, I learned the value  and necessity of an afternoon nap.It was almost like the hormones were a sleeping drug that knocked me out .I developed the ability to lay down on the couch,close my eyes and  be in a deep sleep in what seemed like less than five minutes. Even with small children I could take reasonable precautions and still get a 15 minute nap that made all the difference. Although not pregnant (with the hot flashes to prove it) on many afternoons, I still need to take a nap. I get to the point where I know that if I lie down right then, I can be asleep in a matter of minutes. It is amazing how refreshing that extra, deep sleep can be.This afternoon, as my youngest played in the playroom near me, I slept for 30 minutes in the warmth of the wood stove.All was well as usual, when I woke up ready to finish the school work.