Friday, February 5, 2010

All Together, Now

Just before dinner time, it seemed like a good idea to start shoveling. First, Larry and the boys went out, then Meg, Nat. and Miss J. and the Prince went out and then Tori and I decided to help. As I stepped out into the peaceful, quiet beauty of the falling snow, I realized that this was the first time that I can remember the entire family being out in the snow together.For over two decades I have stayed back at the house, enjoying every minute of being indoors with the youngest member of the family. I am not a real outdoorsy kind of Mom. All of my work is done inside. But tonight I looked around and saw no reason to have to stay in. This seems like a new season of life for me!                                                                         My new boots were fantastic. I helped to shovel just as we all did because no Dad's heart should have to take this much strain alone if not necessary. At one point, our neighbor drove through on his plow-equipped ATV and finished off the center strip of the driveway. The ease with which this was accomplished before all our eyes sealed the deal on the idea of purchasing an ATV for ourselves.We have been weighing the benefits vs. cost for an investment in one so that Larry could use it to plow the driveway and hunt deer. How much is a heart, or a Dad worth? Yes, it's time to try to make the best deal possible on a TOOL like this that would help us to do our work .It would be worth it.