Monday, February 1, 2010

Double-Yolks From Heaven

    Like the expression "Pennies From Heaven", we have gotten a kick out of cooking an entire carton of brown Jumbo eggs in which every egg had a double yolk.We took  these eggs home from my Mother-in Law's refrigerator after she passed away last week. Last night, Larry had four double-yolkers in his skillet and this morning Tori had three.After a busy home-schooling day, I prepared Spinach chef salad with hard-boiled eggs for dinner. It was then that we realized how uncanny and fun it was to think that Mom had bought them! I cooked other eggs with these jumbos to make enough for dinner and those are the single yolks pictured.Of course, I know that    this does not follow accurately our Catholic Theology. It was just funny to think about because this week she is on our minds so much. In a way, I actually feel closer to her now than I did when she lived across town. That idea Does follow our theology, which reminds me to pray for her when I think of her.