Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Potty-Training Tunic

After making the pillowcase dresses for Juby, I was pondering how much fun it is to sew for little girls. I wondered what mothers (and grandmothers) of little boys sew. Costumes came immediately to mind, but then I thought of  what our little guy could use and began to make him a Potty-training Tunic (" it's not a dress-it's a tunic", from Night at the Museum!!!).
I loved this fabric that we used for recovering the desk chair aforementioned! Cindi ordered this fabric when she made a hand-made quilt for Greg years ago.There was just enough for the purpose.
Unfortunately, the G-man wasn't feeling the love that went into this here. It is just the right length to keep him covered while potty-training which is his main job now. He is doing very well with that.
 I couldn't wait to surprise his Momma, who I knew would love it!
 Now they both can match! Except that one's a dress, the other's a tunic...
 I had to put a shirt under it because he thought it was a little itchy and scratchy.....Fail....
We all had a good laugh and who knows, maybe we can turn this into some kind of Halloween costume!