Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tomatoe Man

 This is a fantastic time of year for good eating, and what could be better than homegrown tomatoes?!!!!
This is our tomatoe man. He sells them for $5.00 a basket. He just built this wonderful work table for his hobby which has a built-in hole for an umbrella to keep the fruit and himself shaded.
 
 The customer gets to pick which basketful of ripe tomatoes she wants. He  transfers them into a bag. I make it a point to keep cash in my wallet to buy these little beauties as soon as I am running low, at least weekly, if not more often.
 This senior gentleman has 98 tomatoe plants. Currently, he is selling "Better Boys".He said that next week, a different variety will be ripe.
 Larry and I have been living on these delicious and flavorful tomatoes. I am not exaggerating when I say that I have been eating them 3 meals a day, that's including breakfast, for 2 weeks! They are so juicy and good that I've had to work stains out of many of my shirts after eating them. They need to be sold with a bib!