Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday Twins

My whole extended family is obsessed with twins.So far, despite my parent's 38 grand-children, no luck! Maybe in the next generation...! The closest we've come to it is that Jeff and Tori share a birthday.On his seventh birthday, Jeff came home to a new little sister. She was born at home with a mid-wife

We celebrate birthdays in a very understated way. There has never been a  Moon Bounce,  clown or  magician here to entertain the birthday child. We've never been to Chuckie Cheese or any other birthday destination.. We have had pony rides but that was a matter of the girls saddling up the ponies who lived here! We do one or two birthday parties with friends per entire childhood!
         We decided many years ago on a standard birthday gift for our children. Up to the age of 11, the gift is 15.00; 12 years old and up, the gift is 25.00 dollars.The kids actually look forward to this and are satisfied with it. This works very well for me. I don't enjoy shopping at all. I've never had time for it with a large family.
While nursing babies for years, I was not able to do anything extra beyond the regular grocery shopping without overdoing myself and becoming ill.
         Truly, the best gift is to just be together.The entertainment for this party was Bubbles (and chew!)on the deck!

There were costumes at this party ,too.


 With Cindi here, we talked a little about Wedding plans. Although I couldn't find my veil, I did come across my original nursing cap. I actually wore this to work daily for 10 years. Miss J. modeled it willingly! I  love it .
These were the guys' party hats. Is Brown still the new Black?


We wish both Jeff and Tori, both celebrating milestone birthdays, a great day and a  happy and  healthy year!