Friday, May 28, 2010

Chick Flick

The girls treated themselves to a movie night. They chose "Dear John" from the Red Box near-by, then they climbed into Tori's bed to watch it together. It was a great choice because Meg is writing letters to her Jon away in Boot Camp as the star does in the movie.They liked it but not as much as "The Notebook" by the same writer.They also thought it had an unfinished ending; maybe there's a sequel. What a surprise that would be.
I didn't watch the movie because movies take too long and they bore me. I'm sure I wouldn't have fit in the bed, either!Instead, I read this fantastic novel The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. It was written in 1860 and it is a mystery story set in England. I started it on Monday and I am on page 760. I will finish it tonight and then enjoy my Klondike Bar!