Friday, April 4, 2014

Sausage Gravy and Homemade Biscuits

I don't often take the time to cook a nice breakfast, even on the weekends. Considering how much the family does enjoy it, I should try to treat them more often! Sausage Gravy was the plan for this early Sunday morning and I got right to work after making a pot of coffee.
The Internet provided me with a quick and easy biscuit recipe with only six ingredients.
I don't think I am alone in that it is now faster to get a recipe off the internet than to poke through my overstuffed recipe box!
Doubling the recipe gave me a tray full of biscuits in no time.
They baked up tasty and golden brown.
Children seem to remember big breakfasts better than any dinners that I cook.
Missing Mass to cook a big breakfast is not an option but since we seem to go in the evenings more often, cooking breakfast could indeed be a weekly thing to "show the love".
Why not?
I think I'll defrost some sausage!