Friday, April 4, 2014

Shepherdstown

Very inconveniently, I forgot my light jacket at the homeschool convention. I had arranged to pick it up a few days later and took the opportunity to walk around this idyllic West Virginia town which I have always wanted to explore because it is so quaint. I couldn't get the right angle on this picture to show how cute this town is with its very old buildings.
Juby and I had a wonderful breakfast at a restaurant called "Betty's Kitchen". This was clearly family owned and appeared to have had a long tradition of serving breakfast in this college town.
The food was delicious, the prices reasonable and the place was decorated in such a whimsical way.
Our waitress turned on the train which went around and around the track at the top of the walls while we enjoyed our meal.
Before leaving town, we admired Shepherd College which my nephew attended.