Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Baby Shower Prep


Tonight we did some arts and crafts to prepare the favors and decorations for a baby shower that I and a friend are hosting for two young mothers-to-be. Both of the ladies are friends and are both expecting baby boys two days apart from each other.
 We bought two yards of this shiny blue fabric that was on sale. Seven Kisses were put onto squares of it and then tied up with ribbon. These are the favors for coming to the shower.
Next, I covered two straw wreaths with this same fabric.It was easier to fasten the cloth on by sewing intermittent stitches than by any other method.
After covering with the blue fabric, newborn diapers were wrapped around the wreath and tied at the top using curling ribbon.This is a two person job.
I then added decorative boyish ribbon around to decorate the wreath and added 12 little blue "pacifiers".

Each pacifier is tied on separately on this wreath.This clever idea came from Cindi who made one of these for Meg's shower. It serves as a decoration at the baby shower and then the new Mom can decorate her nursery with it or take it apart to use the diapers.
While I shopped for the decoration and favor supplies, I picked up their gifts. I went practical buying nursing pads ( because they may not think of something like this), diaper bag wipes and some better quality washcloths.My gifts are somewhat modest because I am also bringing the punch , a fruit platter, a vegetable tray with dip and the plastic cutlery. It is my pleasure to be one of the hostesses for this Sunday afternoon get-together of women friends to help celebrate the nearing arrivals of two little boys. A baby shower is a Pro-Life statement. It is a privilege to spend my time, treasure and talent (albeit limited!) in planning and preparing for this one!