Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Strategic Errors and God's Mercy

This Sunday presented a series of strategic errors which became more comical as the day wore on. First of all, Larry told me that I had gotten FAT. Now he wasn't trying to be mean, he was making more of a public service announcement.He really thought that I hadn't noticed.This definitely could have been a counter productive strategy on his part! However, I became sufficiently motivated to start a diet that I intend to stick to. The rotten strategy here was that I had just purchased 4 half gallons of ice cream the night before.You can figure out the rest.  That's the great thing about "tomorrow".
By the time I was ready to start talking to him again, he was putting gas into the mower. It unfortunately spilled all over the tire and back end of the mower. We sprayed it off and he began to mow.We were still gently sparring when I took this picture.
Just then, he ran over one of the boys' gloves.
Soon afterward, I remembered that it was Divine Mercy Sunday. Jesus said " I want your mercy, not your sacrifices." I decided that it was too pretty a day for a tiff, which brings down the whole family. The truth hurts because it is true... I don't want to go gentle into that dark night of increasing weight gain because I fail to adjust my strategy of eating whatever I want to.The worst part is that I don't like the discomfort of being hungry (like I've ever experienced that feeling!), so the proper strategy will be to ask God to help me to control my appetite.Today was a little better. I am told that small changes consistently implemented can make a difference.We'll see....

After I  realized that we had all just celebrated the Divine Mercy of God of which I am so much in need, and which it is my duty to extend, I enjoyed the beauty of the spring day and the kids at play.
"For the sake of His sorrowful passion,               Have mercy on us and on the whole world "

"Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion-inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself."





Larry, no doubt, spent time thinking about what a little hottie he married and the strategic necessity of sugar-coating some comments to a feisty gal!