Thursday, April 22, 2010

Gone Fishing

 
When Sam announced that he was going fishing, I was surprised because I didn't know that we had such a spot near-by.He wanted to take Miss J. so I had the choice to keep her home or go along. I chose the latter and enjoyed a lovely time outdoors.

The kids prepared everything themselves as they were originally planning to go without me. Night crawlers abounded in April's manure pile.

      
They grabbed two full sized poles and the toy sized one that Miss J. has been storing in her room for more than a year.



They led me along the trail and down the steep hill that they used for sledding.




Sam put the worm on for himself and his sister.


I had thought to bring a plastic chair so that I could relax and just watch them which I proceeded to do!





 

Then the fishing began. I got such a kick out of the fact that for the boys it was actually about catching fish.They were VERY disappointed that there didn't seem to be any fish in this small pond.


That was the least of my concerns. It was very pretty spring weather and I was having so much fun just enjoying the natural beauty around us and the novelty of a real "fishing trip."



 
It was a first for us and the spontaneity of it all added to my fun.Unfortunately, the fishing lines of the boys got tangled up.One boy thought that the other had done it on purpose and our peaceful time in this idyllic spot came to a screeching halt.



So we packed it all up and walked home on the trail.


And By God's Grace, didn't let that spoil the rest of our day.