Friday, June 27, 2014

Reading a Book!

I spent over a month reading the classic by Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina. It was incredibly easy to read! Considering that this book is 750 pages, and written by a Russian author, it was simple to read.
Quite a bit of it was very interesting but other parts were political and a little boring. The ending was so irrelevant, that when I finished the book,  I just stared at it and asked myself why I had just spent a month reading it! The character formation is excellent. Now, I want to watch the movie which I have never seen.

Our early Spring Read-Aloud was a book that I have had on my shelves for years but none of us had ever read. Roller Skates was written by Ruth Sawyer in 1936 and takes place in the 1890's. A ten year old girl is left in the care of some nice ladies while her parents go to Italy for a YEAR to help improve her mother's health! Talk about times have changed! This young lady meets many friends in New York City as as she skates around town endearing herself to many characters who for the most part have a wonderful influence on her. This girl is so sweet and loveable, so industrious and charming that I was brought to tears over and over again
.