Monday, June 25, 2012

Ladies' Luncheon

I was thrilled to be invited to a luncheon given by my good friend at her home. Because it was planned for a Saturday, I thought long and hard before accepting, wondering if my family could spare me for three hours! I came back to my senses and joyfully committed because this is a wonderful bunch of women and I was very honored to be included.
Janette, pictured in the center of the bottom row above, is a gourmet cook! Look what she prepared for these sixteen lucky ladies:
I drank some delicious bubbly Italian Soda and later good coffee, but champagne was available for those who imbibe.

What all of these ladies have in common is our love of Homeschooling. I have known most of these women for over 15 years and have seen some of them occasionally, but most of them very often on our homeschooling journeys. I really respect them and admire them all. This luncheon was timed beautifully as we had just finished another year of hard work!
Of course, weather is everything and this June day was glorious! We ate and visited outside at these shaded tables. The conversation was lively and fun!
Janette was celebrating a milestone birthday and had prepared trivia questions from TV shows that were popular decades ago. Being educators, we all love tests and some gals were VERY good at this!!! I am glad that this wasn't graded because I failed miserably. You know what a TV expert I am. As a group, we were probably more likely to share a book addiction! That would have been some serious competition!
Janette and her family have a large log cabin house in the country. The pastoral scenes were so pleasant and relaxing. Her daughter was a lovely addition to our party.
It's not often that busy Mom's have a chance to enjoy each others' company without the rush of time constraints and the distractions of many children underfoot. This luncheon was an absolute elegant treat and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks so much, Janette!