Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Fish Fry

Do you like fresh fish? Its just fine at Finney's Diner. Finney also has some fresher fish that's fresher and much finer. But his best fish is his freshest fish and Finney says with pride," The Finest Fish at Finney's is my freshest fish, French-fried!"
      This tongue twister is from Oh Say Can You Say by Dr. Seuss.
      We enjoyed these delicious Tillapia filets so much! I have always heard that cooking fish is so easy. I decided to try this large box of 18 fillets because it was on sale for 12 dollars.The quality was amazing to me and the kids loved them.
To thaw, I placed the individually wrapped packets of  filets in a bucket of water. I unwrapped them and dipped each one in an egg and milk bath. Then, each one was covered with a seasoned coating mix.In a skillet with heated oil, I fried 4 filets at a time for probably 10 minutes per side.
This Friday Lenten Dinner was served with leftover mashed potatoes and fresh cole slaw, homemade tartar sauce and lemon. It was a big hit. I totally regret not learning how to cook fish until last week when we first tried these!