Friday, March 12, 2010

Umbrellas Up!

          Friday, we left the house at 7:30 am to meet Grandma and Grandpa in the Adoration Chapel.The rain was actually a nice change, especially since we each had our own umbrella to carry! We've never, ever had an umbrella when you needed one in the past, but we bought 15 at the Dollar Store (for a grand total of 15 dollars) on the way to my Mother-in-Law's funeral. That afternoon, they were not needed as the weather turned sunny on our way to the cemetery.
         It has only been about 5 or 6 weeks since  Adoration has been on our weekly schedule. I have taken a regular hour before but have had to give it up because I was leaving my family at an inconvenient time. I am hoping that we can continue at this regular time as a family. In addition to being in the Real Presence of our Lord, we can share this time with Grandma who has faithfully kept this same hour, weekly, for over 14 years and Grandpa who has been there as often as possible while still working.We appreciate so much Mom's intercessory prayer for each of us and attribute the many Blessings from God and the Grace and Peace which He has poured down on our large extended family to it. I would like to do the same for my family. It doesn't cost a dime. Prayer is the least and the most I can do all at the same time.
          After Mass, which the kids attended with Grandpa, we headed home in the rain. It had only been raining steadily for about 12 hours but the possibility of flooding looked real.


This beautiful building is located a mile from the house and  used to be a monastery a long time ago.
In the past, this creek has come up over the road and flooded it. It is expected to rain until Sunday and I foresee this  happening again.