Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring = Hope!

       About seven years ago, I hosted a baby shower for my dear friend, Julie (who did indeed help influence the name of Miss J.!). She brought  a pot of  planted crocuses as a gift to me. Every time I see them, I am reminded of her and that thoughtful gesture. Although  I could never be accused of having a green thumb, I was able to transplant the little bulbs into the ground after their bloom faded. We have enjoyed them every Spring since! It is sweet to see how excited the kids get when they find them blooming and run in to tell me about them. It has been a fun winter with all the snow, but the beauty of springtime is an irresistible tonic to the soul.We are starting to see robins and hear our neighborhood woodpeckers trill each morning and  throughout the day! Hope abounds in the warming days and the reawakening of God's marvelous creation.